Saturday, November 5, 2011

Faith and the LapBand

  I decided I would take a minute to discuss why I chose my blog title:New Beginnings-Faith and the LapBand. I have never been a very faithful person. I belonged to the Catholic church as a young child, however I and my family stopped going to church when I was about 10 years old. My first year in college I was introduced to a non-denominational church and thought it was interesting, but again, it didn't really stick with me. In the meantime I had introduced my parents to the church and they have been with this same church for aprox. 10 years now. Every now and then I would attend a service here and there with them, but until recently I wasn't that interested. Within in the past month I have been seeking the spiritual side of myself. I am interested in having my questions about faith answered and have been looking for the answers within myself along with some spiritual readings and one trip back to the non-denominational church.
  I believe there are times in our lives when we have to lean more on God (or whatever serenity we believe in, whether it be Buddha, yoga, journaling, etc.) I choose to believe that this is one of those times in my life. I have struggled to lose weight since being banded in May. Struggled may be a term used a little too loosely as I am the first to admit I haven't put in 100%, or maybe not even 50%. I am sure we have all "prayed" at some point to make the fat just disappear. Let the cellulite fade away. Don't let me pick up that piece of cake. You know what I'm saying. While I know that I am going to be the number one factor in my success, I would say that Faith is going to have a strong part as well. I have to believe in myself. Believe that the process will work. Have faith that one day I will be able to cross of each one of my "Wishes Do Come True" items. Without Faith, I think we would all get lost at some point in our lives.
  I am going to rely on me and my own decisions for most of my successes and bumps along my journey. Faith will be the next thing I will seek and hold in my heart to guide me. Oh, and there is one other little thing I will be counting on. That small little friend that will give me a nudge if I've gone off the straight and narrow, that will gently remind me of my faults (lets face it, we all have them), and will prompt me to remember why I chose this path; my Lap-Band!

1 comment:

  1. Ashleigh, I love this topic! I used to struggle big time with faith/God.(and I still can at times)

    However, I know GOD works it out when it needs to be worked out.(not when we would like) Keep searching!

    I look forward to reading your blog.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete