Saturday, November 19, 2011

Houston...we have RESTRICTION!


  I am sooooo excited! After 6 long months, I am finally at restriction. While I don't like to place blame on anyone or anything but my own actions throughout this process, I do feel that to some degree, if I were able to get to restriction sooner, I would have lost more weight to date. I'm still not quite sure if it is my surgeons policy or insurance, but either way, I have to wait a minimum of 6 weeks between fills. My surgeon doesn't put any CC's in at time of surgery, and the first fill wasn't until 8 weeks after surgery. So, needless to say, it has been a slow process. Slow or fast, I am just glad it is finally here! I am not quite sure if I am at my sweet spot or not yet. I may need to lean on my blog buddies to assist with this in the coming weeks. My next appointment is scheduled for December 26th, and I will have to make my first major decision regarding fills. Up to this point it has been a no brainer that I wasn't at restriction and would be making my next appointment no matter what. But now that I feel restriction, the debating as to whether to get just a touch of a fill begins. We will see how it plays out once I start getting use to this new feeling and how it helps me in the weight loss area. So far, I have been managing well. I have not found anything that I cannot eat yet. I do feel my food go down, but not in an uncomfortable way. At least not if I chew properly and eat slowly. Once while testing the waters I did swallow a bite a little too fast and noticed minimal discomfort. I can't wait to see the results from this new chapter in my journey. To finally feel that my band is there and working for me is such a great feeling!
  In other news, I am still doing great with my goal of not drinking while eating. Tomorrow will be the 7th day of being at this goal and being 100% compliant. So, I will be setting a new goal to go along with it. Without any thought needed, I know my next goal has to be:
Waiting 30min to drink after eating
Now that I am restriction, I have noticed a big change with this. As soon as I was done eating, I would pick up a drink and take a sip and feel almost immediate discomfort. Its exactly as I've read so many of you say, its like the liquid just sits on top of the food. Which isn't fun at all. It just feels, weird. So, as a good bandster is supposed to do anyways, I will be waiting 30min after each meal before drinking starting tomorrow. ( I will most likely start this today anyways though because it doesn't feel that great).
  I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and is hopefully looking forward to a short work next week. I have a ton of housework that needs to be completed today and tomorrow. Just about 5 loads of laundry, unloading the dishwasher, loading it back up, handwashing the larger dishes, cleaning the bathroom (including the tub...boohoo), and overall picking up around the ENTIRE house. Anyone feel sorry for me yet?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great. I'm just at 5.5 of 14 ccs so I'll be of no help but once you get a hang of stopping eating and looking at the clock - you'll be fine with waiting to drink again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you finally have some restriction. Maybe my next fill will give it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you're finally getting to a good spot. I would just wait a little closer to the date and see how you feel before your next fill.

    ReplyDelete