Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I ate fish....and I liked it.

  Ok, so I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag. It wasn't what a typical grown adult would consider fish, but we all have to start somewhere, right?

This is what I had last night. Baby steps people, baby steps. I wanted to start with something not as strong, and fresh I guess you could say. I really liked these, and even though they are breaded, they are still a somewhat healthy option. Here are the nutrition facts (well, the main three I always consider):
Serving Size (2 fillets)
Calories-210
Fat-10g
Protein-9g
And the best part was that I only used about 2 tablespoons of tartar sauce at 60 calories. Coupled with a small salad, I was proud of myself with my dinner choice.

  I was so excited by my accomplishment last night only to have it deflated this morning with a 1lb gain on the scale. My husband gingerly pointed out that last night before bed I had a small glass of milk and a good sized piece of a brownie/chocolate chip cookie dessert. It is amazing how the little things add up. I don't have desserts too much any more, and I thought with my good dinner option I would have the left over calories. Yeah, not so much when you really write it all out and keep track.
  It has always seemed in the past that the harder I would try to lose weight, the more I failed. Anyone else have this problem? I will try to not get too discouraged though. I know that hard work and persistence will pay off in the long run. And once I track calories for awhile I will become more aware of what I am eating and eventually not have to track any longer. No dessert for me tonight! 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you ... but I still can't eat fish :) Yes, tracking calories definitely helps !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny topic, I started singing Katy Perry! JK

    Hey, I'm all for the baby steps. It will take longer to go back to old habits.

    ReplyDelete