Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What I'm doing different!

  A lot of things have changed with my mindset in the past couple of weeks regarding my lap-band and what I need to change to be more successful. I have realized that fast food should not be a regular at least once a week, I need to move more, and the drinking while eating definitely needs to stop. These are just a few of the changes I plan on making.
  Yesterday, I am proud to say, I walked during my morning break at work for 15 min. While I realize this is no major feat, it is one small thing I plan on doing daily now to help make progress. My eating habits need major work. I and my husband eat out way too much. I have never been a big cook, but I need to learn. My palate also reminds me of that of a 5 year old. I don't like fish. I can't stand most veggies. Soup is not a  favorite. You can see my dilemma here, right? Another thing that is hard for me is that I am not at restriction yet. I have a 10cc band and am currently at 5cc's. I do notice some discomfort if I don't chew something really well or eat too fast. And I do stay full for aprox. 5 hours. On the other hand I don't have any issues eating any specific food (bread, red meat, etc.). While I still want to enjoy these things, I don't think it should be this easy to enjoy them! I am also able to eat more than I should. To stop at 1 1/2 cups takes a lot of will power on my part. I am looking forward to my next fill on 11/17 when hopefully I will reach my "sweet spot."
 

p.s. And just for "New Beginnings" sake, I am going to try some fish tonight. I will let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

  1. I am the same way as far as having the eating habits of a 5 year old. I am the pickiest eater I know and it drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about chicken? That is a good protein too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one thing I can say that has really changed for me. I don't eat fast food.(and I'm thankful for that)

    It sounds like you are figuring things out. And that's a good thing.

    Look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. since being banded i have found that i like a lot of things i didnt use to like, so dont be afraid to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for eating fish. I simply can't do it but would like to since it's so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! All the small changes definitely add up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!! Small steps will win the battle.

    ReplyDelete