Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas...bah humbug

  I wanted to do a post before Christmas to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, but obviously did not get around to it. I do hope everyone enjoyed their time with family and friends and the general cheerfulness the holidays bring. This year I could not "get into" the season for some reason. I LOVE Christmas and all it entails, but for some reason this year I felt down. I know I am subconsciously thinking of my sister (family drama that I just can't get into right now) and just wishing that things could go back to the way they were before things started going downhill for her. But this is out of my control, so I am just trying to deal.
  I pray the new year brings a year of happiness and big changes for me. I am putting together a list of things I want to accomplish next year. Both healthwise, and some non-health related items. I am optimistic for the new year, and this does bring a smile to my face. We have two big trips planned; Vegas in August and Hawaii in October. Both of which will have weight goals attached. I also plan on running my first 5k next year and committing myself to the gym and other outdoor activities. Cooking at home will be another priority. Reading more and less computer/TV is on the list. These are just a few of the things I have come up with. Stay tuned for my New Years post with the full list of commitments! I know New Years Resolutions are cliche, but it is easier for me to reflect and hold myself accountable if I write it down. And how nice it would be to check each one off as it is accomplished!
  Better get back to work. Work the Tuesday after a 4-day holiday is painful. I will send good vibes out to whoever is enduring this with me!

2 comments:

  1. I pray this year is full of happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted a new topic on my blog about this same subject.(resolutions)

    The trips sound wonderful.

    And I need to do the computer/tv thing too. Except blogging of course! lol

    Enjoyed reading.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete