Thursday, December 15, 2011

What I'm Eating



  I have decided now is the time to change my eating pattern to really get this weight loss going in the right direction; well faster at least. Yes, 7 months after surgery I am taking ownership for my part of this journey. As we all know, the band is just part of the equation.   In the past I didn't really eat breakfast. I just wasn't hungry. And if on the rare occasion I was hungry, it was manageable hunger and I would just wait until lunch. This probably led to part of my weight gain as I would be really hungry later in the day and overeat and lunch and dinner. After reading many blogs, I have seen that those with the most success do eat at least something for breakfast. So, I will give it a try. I seem to be the opposite of most bandsters and am looser in the morning than in the evenings. Getting in a good breakfast shouldn't be a big deal. I don't however believe in eating when not hungry so what I eat will be dependent on this. Yesterday morning I wasn't that hungry so I just did a Slim Fast shake which was more than enough to tide me over until lunch while giving me a good amount of protein. For 190cal, I will take it! This morning I had two scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheese and some salsa. We will see how long it lasts and if I get hungry before lunch. For lunch a can of Campbells Chunky Savory Pot Roast soup is on hand.



 It is only 240 cal for the large can and has 14grams of protein and only 1 g fat. Not to mention a whole serving of vegetables. Can't beat that! I am not a huge soup fan but I know it is a healthy option so I will try to incorporate it more. For dinner leftover chicken and a salad is on the menu. Nothing too fancy, but what we have in the fridge and needs to be eaten up. I plan on making a menu for a huge grocery trip this weekend. If you have any suggestions please share! I am not a great cook, so I don't have a lot of recipes. I need to learn though so any help would be appreciated.

Have a great Friday Eve everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Being that a whole can of that soup is 2 cups worth of food... you should probably think of another option for yourself for lunches. I know it seems like a great healthy choice, but I promise it's not. The sodium alone in those is cringe-worthy. And 15 grams of protein for that much food is NOT ideal.

    I have salad, a burger, or even a fish filet for lunch usually (less than one cup of food), and I always get over 25 grams of protein in for that one meal. There are better options out there for you!

    Even something like the frozen Smart One meals would be better for you than this. I think you'll find when you start reading labels more closely, and possibly even tracking your calories, you'll find that the weight drops off much faster.

    I don't mean to be harsh, simply offer some insight into what's worked for me for the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great range of recipe books call 'Symply too good to be true' I now they were recently released in the US, they are great, healthy recipes for all my favorite foods. When I first started, I learnt fast that I would need to cook a little more, and those recipes are quite easy. But any recipe easy recipe book should be helpful.

    Good luck, I know you will make your goals :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I have a protein drink almost every morning for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete