1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ Blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!
My random 11
1. I finally took down the Christmas tree today. I know, I am a slacker!
2. I love to gamble (I don't ever take more than I can afford to lose). I don't go to the casino too often, maybe 6 times a year, but sometimes I get into a mood where I want to go every weekend! I get it out of my system and am good for a few months without going. Vegas in August baby!!!!
3. I am addicted to Dateline and 48 HR. Mystery
4. I was a 911 dispatcher with the Sacramento Police Department for 1 year (loved that job!)
5. I used to work for Muscle Beach Lemonade (Hot Dog on a Stick)
6. Just booked I and my husbands plane tickets to Oahu. We are visiting Pearl Harbor on our trip to Hawaii in October.
7. I love being an American and am very into politics. I love the history of our country and my husband and I love going to historical sites and monuments/memorials and political events.
8. I can't stand raw onions but LOVE them cooked.
9. My husband says I shed like a dog.
10. I only have one set of grandparents and each grandparent is from each side of my family. Confusing, yes. I have to explain this one. My moms dad is married to my dads mom. My mom and dad are officially step-brother and step-sister. Sounds kinda gross but it really isn't, I swear. My parents have been together since high school. My mothers mom passed away and my fathers dad passed away, so the remaining spouses (my grandparents) ended up together and got married! They have been together since before I was born so I always grew up with only one set of grandparents (kinda sucked on the presents front), but was neat in the same sense as each was a blood relative of both of my parents.
11. I am one of the few that does not have an I-Phone nor desire to own one.
Banded for Me's questions
1. How often do you have to wash your hair?
I like to wash it every other day. Sometimes I will wash every day depending on how hard (sweaty) my workouts are. If I was every day regularly it drys out my hair really bad and it does not hold its style as good the next day! (I heard this is what pageant contestants do)
2. What's your daly goal for protein intake?
I don't really keep track of my protein. I know I should, but it isn't on the goal list for me. I always pick high in protein foods first, so I don't worry about it too much.
3. Favorite item on the work desk?
Picture of my husband taken the first year we were together (8 years ago). Love, love, love the picture.
4. Who would you pick to solve your murder: criminal minds team or CSI?
I am probably one of the few who has never watched criminal minds. I would have to put my trust in the original (Las Vegas) CSI team. Love this show!
5. What is your favorite flower?
I can't pick just one:Ranunculus and Green Cymbidium Orchid. Yes, I know, not the most famous of flowers, but my two absolute favorite. I had to incorporate them both in my wedding! Below is a picture of both. The small orange ones are the Rananculus (they weren't in season and VERY hard to get so they are a little on the small side here) and the Green Cymbidium Orchid is the one in my bouquet and as my husbands boutonniere.
6. What book are you reading now?
River's End-Nora Roberts
7. What is your favorite sport?
I never played any but would love to learn to play golf. My grandpa says I have a natural swing! I love, love, love to watch football. Go NINERS!!!
8. Are you usually late, early or always on time when meeting with someone?
Always early. I have never been late to work, not even once, and am typically the first one everywhere I go. That is when the husband isn't in tow!
9. Have you / would you ever bungee jump?
No thank you. I like to stay with my feet planted on the ground as much as possible. However I do think I may try a zip line in Hawaii later this year.
10. What would be your dream career?
A detective of any sort. I love investigation. At one point I was going for my bachelors degree in Criminal Justice but life got in the way. I also don't think I could ever be a cop and that is usually the first step. Oh, I almost forgot. If there were such thing as a permanent jury member, that would be a tie with detective. I am the ONLY person on earth (that I know of) that can't wait for a jury summons. I am waiting for my turn in the box!
11. Do you believe in first love?
Hmmmm. Not quite sure if this is meant as love at first sight or if there is only one true love for us out there. I will kind of answer both just in case. While I don't believe in love at first sight (lust at first sight, maybe, but not true love), I can say that after my first date with my now husband (about 3 days after meeting him), I knew he was going to be "the one". It was just a feeling and I remember telling my parents this and they thought I was crazy after only one date (and the fact that I had just turned 21). While I love my husband dearly and don't think I could ever love anyone as much as I love him, I do believe that there is more than one person out there for us. I have read/heard of many people that lose someone they love and have very meaningful and just as deep of relationships with others later in life.
I would post questions for others and tag them however I think everyone I know of has probably already done this by now!